Welders' Training & Certification
OCO has a welders' training centre managed by Nigerians for training, testing and certifying welders in
support of the Federal Government's local content initiative to provide indigenous professional welders matching the competencies of expatriate welders. The centre is certified by the Nigerian Institute of Welding (NIW) as Authorized Training Body (ATB) of International Institute of Welding (IIW).
- OCO, Nigeria's first appointed product and service distributor of Miller welding machines and Hobart welding products, started welders' training four years ago by offering Miller approved courses to its technical and marketing staff and technical staff of clients. The senior consultant on this training was South African-based Mr. Mike Chilton, Regional Manager (Africa) for ITW/Miller Electric, manufacturers of Miller welding machines, Hobart welding electrodes and accessories; he was assisted by OCO's Workshop Manager, an AWS certified welding instructor.
- OCO Welder Training & Testing Centre is a Nigerian-owned training and testing outfit managed by Nigerians. The
center's mission is:
- To support the Federal Government's local content initiative by providing indigenous professional welders.
- To join hands with other capacity enhancement agencies (both government and non-government organizations) to equip youths with skills enabling them to be self employed and eventually employers of skilled labour.
- To liaise with other training institutions globally to uplift the practice of professional welding in Nigeria.